Monday, January 24, 2011

Replace 'I have to'

Yesterday I spent the morning with a girlfriend having coffee and taking a nice long walk. We chatted about life and being thankful for all of our blessings, even when they present themselves as challenges or unpleasant tasks. She told me that she has begun replacing every statement that would normally be 'I have to' with 'I get to'. I absolutely love this! Many things that we dread doing can actually be counted as a blessing that we get to do. For example, some days I really don't want to go grocery shopping but instead I should feel blessed that I have access to such high quality and nutritious foods. This change of attitude can really be applied to many daily activities that we have aversions to. I'm hoping that I can help some of my clients adopt this attitude toward going to the gym and eating healthy/nutritious foods. Instead of avoiding these healthy activities we should embrace them and feel blessed to have the opportunity to take such great care of ourselves!

Please comment and let me know what activity you are going to apply this new outlook to!

No comments:

Post a Comment