A blog about living a FUN Fit Life. Being healthy and well should be fun, as all of life should be! Too often health and wellness are made out to be a chore, but not here. I challenge everyone to live a healthy life, while enjoying every minute of it.
I just got these new candy trays and decided to give them a try. I decided to use a coconut oil base, due to the health benefits of the oil. Coconut oil has been shown to be heart healthy and aid in weight loss. It is high in lauric acid which fights viruses and bacteria in the body. It also contains Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron and numerous other antioxidants. organicfacts.net This is a great recipe to get your chocolate fix and add some healthy coconut oil to your diet. I also added almonds, which are heart healthy and believed to aid in healthy weight maintenance. *This recipe yields 4 servings of candy.
2 T Coconut Oil
2 T Scharffenberger Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 T Light Agave Nectar
100 Calorie Pack Almonds
1 T Soy Milk
1 tsp Espresso
1. Chop 100 Calorie Pack of almonds into small chunks
2) Line Candy Bar Mold with almond pieces and set aside
1) Add 2 T Coconut Oil to pan and simmer over low heat until liquified.
2) Next add 2 T Scharffen Berger Cocoa and 1 T Light Agave Nectar
3) OPTIONAL: Add 1/2-1 T Soy Milk and/or 1 tsp fresh espresso (careful not to over-do it on espresso)
4) Simmer all ingredients together over low heat
5) Pour warm chocolate mixture over almond pieces in candy mold
6) Place candy mold in freezer to set, covering later with foil.