Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Hike

I'm always trying to come up with fun activities to stay active during the weekend. The weekends are meant for fun with family and friends, but sometimes the usual choices (movies, BBQ's, etc.) can derail your healthy lifestyle. This weekend, I went back to an 'old favorite' - a plain and simple hike. My husband and I hiked Camelback Mountain and had a great time doing it! The best part is reaching the top where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful views of Phoenix and the East Valley. We took the Cholla trail which is about 3 miles roundtrip and takes a couple hours on weekends when the trail is busy. Most cities have numerous hiking trails and a quick google search can find you all the information you need before you go. If you are a novice hiker, I'd start off slow and with a trail marked as 'easy' or for beginners. I always bring a cell phone, sunscreen and plenty of water on our hikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment