Monday, February 28, 2011

My "Go-To" Lunch

I get asked all the time, "But what do you eat for lunch?  I don't want to only eat salad!"  Lately I have been eating a wrap for lunch, almost every day.  I am definitely a creature of habit, and why change a good thing?  It starts with one of my favorite products that I purchase at Whole Foods.  A French Meadow Bakery, Organic Sprouted Grain Tortilla.  It has 150 Calories but 9g of Protein, just in the wrap!  I fill the wrap with an assortment of veggies and meat.  My favorite is layering one tortilla with roasted red pepper hummus, lots of lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomato, turkey breast (nitrate free!), and slices of avocado.  I then roll the wrap up and ENJOY!  You can switch it up by using mustard or your favorite salad dressing on the tortilla to hold it all together, and use whatever veggies you prefer.
Organic Sprouted Grain Tortillas

Tortilla filled and ready to wrap - roll to side that only has hummus (to hold wrap closed)
Finished Wrap (cut in half)

No comments:

Post a Comment